Saturday, April 15, 2017

Under My Umbrella! (I'm a guest designer!)

Hello and welcome to my blog!

Today I'm sharing a card using 4048 – Under my Umbrella Set
from Art Impressions.



I recently was asked to be a guest designer over at Inspired by All the Little Things by one of it's designers, my online friend, Karen Day.
I was so thrilled!  ...Especially after I saw the sketch.

I hope you like my take on it!


Here's the sketch I was inspired by.


I was inspired by the umbrella, the black and white rain coat and the pink reflections in the wet street.


I stamped the umbrella twice so I could "pop" it up to make it look more like the girlfriends were actually under it.


Here you can see the dimension in my center stair step easel card.


This was my take on the wet pavement.  I used copics to color it and then topped it with Wink of Stella to make it shimmer.


This was such a fun opportunity!
` It makes me want to try some more photo inspiration.

Copics used:

RV00, RV14, B45, C3, C5, N2, W1, W3,
BG34, E00, E02, E37, E43, E50, E81, E93, Y28




5 comments:

Karen Day said...

Such a wonderful card, Renee! The paper piecing is so cute for their jackets - and I love how you did the wet pavement!! Thank you for being my amazing Guest Designer this week :o)

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on being featured at Inspired By All the Little Things! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Marcie Sharp said...

Fabulous dimension on your card Renee! I love that striped umbrella. So glad you could guest design with us this week.

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun take on this weeks inspiration! I LOVE the paper piecing and fun fold! Thanks so much for joining us as a guest designer!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fabulous step card and a great take on the inspiration photo! So happy you joined us as our guest designer this week!